This policy tells you about how we use and protect your personal information.
This policy does not apply to the practices of companies that Shopflick does not own or control, or to individuals that Shopflick does not employ or manage.
We receive and store any information you enter through the Service or provide to us in any other way. We may collect and store the following personal information:
- email address, physical contact information, and (depending on the service used) sometimes financial information, such as credit card or bank account numbers;
- transactional information based on your activities on the sites (such as, buying, selling, item and content you generate or that relates to your account);
- shipping, billing and other information you provide to purchase or ship an item;
- community discussions, chats, dispute resolution, correspondence through our sites, and correspondence sent to us;
other information from your interaction with our sites, services, content and advertising, including computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the sites, ad data, IP address and standard web log information;
- information from other companies, such as demographic and traffic data;
- other supplemental information from third parties (for example, if you incur a debt to Shopflick, we will generally conduct a credit check by obtaining additional information about you from a credit bureau, as permitted by law; or if the information you provide cannot be verified, we may ask you to send us additional information, such as your driver license, credit card statement, or a recent utility bill or other information confirming your address, or to answer additional questions online to help verify your information).
- information related to your personal profile, including video profiles, pictures, favorites, collections and avatars; and information related to buyer and seller feedback, both provided by you and about you.
Shopflick may rent or sell your personal information to third party marketing partners (“Partners“) who may use it to send you information and offers about products and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to share your information with our Partners, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Generally, the Service automatically collects usage information, such as the numbers and frequency of visitors to our site and its components, similar to TV ratings that indicate how many people watched a particular show. We may combine your information with information we collect from other companies and use it to improve and personalize our services, content and advertising. We may also share demographic information with business partners, such as “12% of men under 30 who looked at product X purchased it,“ and the like. Shopflick only uses this data in aggregate form, that is, as a statistical measure, and not in a manner that would identify you personally. This type of aggregate data enables us to figure out how often users use parts of the Service so that we can make it appealing to as many users as possible. As part of this use of information, we may provide aggregate information to our partners about how our users, collectively, use our site. We share this type of statistical data so that our partners also understand how often people use their services and the Service, so that they, too, may provide you with an optimal online experience. Again, Shopflick never discloses aggregate information to a partner in a manner that would identify you personally.
If you don't wish to receive marketing communications from us or participate in our ad-customization programs, simply indicate your preference when you sign-in to your My Shopflick homepage, or by following the directions provided in an email or from a link on the advertisement.
We will send you a welcome/confirmation email when you sign up for our services. Receipt of this email is required for using our services.
We will send you strictly service-related announcements on rare occasions when it is necessary to do so. For instance, if our service is temporarily suspended for maintenance, we might send you an email.
Generally, you may not opt-out of these communications, which are not promotional in nature. If you do not wish to receive them, you have the option of deactivating your account by emailing support@Shopflick.com from the email address you signed up with.
If you use a discussion forum on this site, you should be aware that any personally identifiable information you submit there can be read, collected, or used by other users of these forums, and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for any personally identifiable information you choose to submit in any forums.
Our primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient, and customized experience. You agree that we may use your personal information to:
Our Disclosure of Your Information
- provide the services and customer support you request;
- resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems;
- prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities, and enforce our User Agreement;
- customize, measure and improve our services, content and advertising;
- tell you about targeted marketing, service updates, and promotional offers based on your communication preferences;
- and compare information for accuracy, and verify it with third parties.
We may disclose personal information to respond to legal requirements, enforce our User Agreement or other agreements or policies, respond to claims that a listing or other content violates the rights of others, or when we believe in our sole discretion that disclosure is necessary to comply with the law or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Shopflick, our employees, or users, or others.
We may also share your personal information with:
- Current and future members of our corporate family to help detect and prevent potentially illegal acts and provide joint content and services (for example, registration, transactions and customer support). Our corporate affiliates will send marketing communications only to users who request these services.
- Service providers, vendors and other agents under contract who help with our business operations (such as fraud investigations, bill collection, affiliate and rewards programs and co-branded credit cards) or whom we otherwise employ to perform tasks on our behalf and need to share information with in order to provide products or services to you. Unless we tell you differently, Shopflick’s agents do not have any right to use personal information we share with them beyond what is necessary to assist us.
Other third parties to whom you explicitly ask us to send your information (or about whom you are otherwise explicitly notified and consent to when using a specific service).
- Law enforcement or other governmental officials, in response to a verified request relating to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity. In such events, we will disclose any information relevant to the investigation, such as name, city, state, zip code, telephone number, email address, User ID history, IP address, fraud complaints, and bidding and listing history.
- Certain intellectual-property rights holders under confidentiality agreement, when we at our sole discretion believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate in connection with an investigation relating to fraud, intellectual property infringement, piracy, or other unlawful activity.
- Other businesses with whom we may become affiliated and work closely. In certain situations, these businesses may operate stores through the Service or sell items to you through the Service. In other situations, Shopflick may provide services, or sell products jointly with affiliated businesses. You can easily recognize when an affiliated business is associated with your transaction, and we will share user information that is related to such transactions with that affiliated business.
- Other users of the Service, since user profile information including users’ name, email address, and other information you enter (”User Submissions“) may be displayed to other users to facilitate user interaction through the Service. Email addresses are used to add new User Submissions to user profiles and to communicate through User Submissions. Users’ email addresses may be directly revealed to other users when necessary to facilitate transactions through the Service.
Without limiting the above, in an effort to respect your privacy and our ability to keep the community free from bad actors, we will not otherwise disclose your personal information to law enforcement, other government officials, or other third parties without a subpoena, court order or substantially similar legal procedure, except when we believe in good faith that the disclosure of information is necessary to prevent imminent physical harm or financial loss or to report suspected illegal activity.
Except as set forth above, you will be notified when your personal information may be shared with third parties, and you will be able to prevent the sharing of this information.
Activity Associated with Usernames
Your username is displayed throughout Shopflick and is therefore available to the public. All of your activity on our sites is traceable to your username. Other people can see your items purchased in the past, items for sale, feedback, favorites, collections, ratings and associated comments, and so on. Notices are sent to other community members regarding suspicious activity and policy violations on our sites and refer to username and specific items. Therefore, if you associate your name with your username, the people to whom you have revealed your name will be able to personally identify your Shopflick activities.
Using Information from Shopflick
Shopflick may require you to share personal and financial information in order to complete transactions. We encourage you to disclose your privacy practices and respect the privacy of other users. We cannot guarantee the privacy or security of your information and therefore we encourage you to evaluate the privacy and security policies of your trading partner before entering into a transaction and choosing to share your information. To help protect your privacy, we try to limit access to other users' contact, shipping and financial information, but when users are involved in a transaction, they may have access to each other's name, username, email address and other contact and shipping information. In all cases, you must give other users a chance to remove themselves from your database and a chance to review the information you have collected about them.
You agree to use information from other users only for:
- purposes related to bona fide Shopflick transactions. You agree never to use other users’ information to send unsolicited commercial messages;
- using services offered through Shopflick (e.g. escrow, insurance, shipping and fraud complaints), or
- other purposes that a user expressly chooses.
We use "cookies" (small files placed on your hard drive) on certain of our pages to help analyze our web page flow; customize our services, content and advertising; measure promotional effectiveness, and promote trust and safety.
A few important things you should know about cookies are that:
- You are always free to decline our cookies if your browser permits, although doing so may interfere with your use of some of our sites or some features of the Service.
No Spam, Spyware or Spoofing
We and our users do not tolerate spam. Make sure to set your Shopflick notification preferences so we communicate to you as you prefer. You agree not to add other Shopflick users, even those who have purchased items from you, to your mailing list (email or physical mail) without their express consent. To report Shopflick-related spam or spoof emails to Shopflick, please forward the email to spam@Shopflick.com. You may not use our communication tools to send spam or otherwise send content that would violate our User Agreement. We automatically scan and may manually filter messages to check for spam, viruses, phishing attacks and other malicious activity or illegal or prohibited content, but we do not permanently store messages sent through these tools. If you send an email to an email address that is not registered in our community, we do not permanently store that email or use that email address for any marketing purpose. We do not rent or sell these email addresses.
Your password is the key to your account. You need to ensure that there is no unauthorized access to your account and personal information by selecting and protecting your password appropriately and limiting access to your computer and browser by signing off after you have finished accessing your account. Use unique numbers, letters and special characters for your password, and do not disclose your password to anyone. If you do share your password or your personal information with others, remember that you are responsible for all actions taken in the name of your account. If you lose control of your password, you may lose substantial control over your personal information and may be subject to legally binding actions taken on your behalf. Therefore, if your password has been compromised for any reason, you should immediately notify Shopflick and change your password.
Accessing, Reviewing and Changing Your Personal Information
You can see, review and change most of your personal information by signing on to My Shopflick, including account information, transaction history, user profile, User Submissions and content you have posted or uploaded, password, e-mail address and user preferences. This list will change as the Service changes.
Generally, we will not manually modify your personal information because it is very difficult to verify your identity remotely. You must promptly update your personal information if it changes or is inaccurate. Once you make a public posting, you may not be able to change or remove it. Upon your request, we will close your account and remove your personal information from view as soon as reasonably possible, based on your account activity and in accordance with applicable law. We do retain personal information from closed accounts to comply with law, prevent fraud, collect any fees owed, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations, enforce our User Agreement, and take other actions otherwise permitted by law.
Your information is stored on our servers located in the United States. We treat data as an asset that must be protected and use lots of tools (encryption, passwords, physical security, etc.) to protect your personal information against unauthorized access and disclosure. However, as you probably know, third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications, and other users may abuse or misuse your personal information that they collect from the site. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors may also compromise the security of user information at any time. Therefore, although we work very hard to protect your privacy, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information or private communications will always remain private.
Your Other Choices
As stated previously, you can always opt not to disclose information, even though it may be needed to take advantage of certain Shopflick features.
You are able to add or update certain personal information, such as the information listed in the Accessing, Reviewing and Changing Your Personal Information section above. When you update information, however, we often maintain a copy of the unrevised information in our records.
You may request deletion of your Shopflick account by sending an e-mail to our webmaster at email@example.com. Please note that some information may remain in our records after deletion of your account.
We do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of 13. To best protect your child's privacy, we suggest that you carefully supervise your child's access to the Internet and our website. For more information on how to protect your child's privacy, you can visit the Federal Trade Commission's Kidzprivacy page, accessible via www.ftc.gov.
Questions or Concerns
If you have any questions or conerns regarding privacy, please send us a detailed message at firstname.lastname@example.org. If your questions are not answered online, you may write to us at: Shopflick, Inc., 10500 W. Pico, Los Angeles, CA 90064.