How do I become a Seller?
- First, register as a member on Shopflick. Then, upgrade your account to a seller by clicking here. All you need is a valid credit card and a PayPal account to receive payments. We recommend using a Paypal Premiere or Business account, which do not have any greater fixed costs than a traditional Paypal personal account.
How do Stores and Sellers get featured on the homepage and Shop page?
- Intriguing product, interesting store, and exclusive Shopflick deals all entice us to feature you on our prime real estate.
How can I contact a Buyer?
- You can contact/email the buyer by simply clicking this option on the seller's Store Profile page.
What are the best price points for items on Shopflick?
- The lower the price point, the more accessible your item will be to shoppers on the site. In general, we recommend price points of $150 or under. Some of our highest selling items are at $20 - $50 price points.
How many quantity of an item should I list on Shopflick?
- Unlike other marketplaces which charge by quantity, you can list as many quantity of a product as you'd like with no penalty or additional cost.
What if I can't deliver an item due to unavailability?
Can I have more than one Store?
- Yes, if you have two, three or more lines that you'd like to categorize on their own, you can create as many stores as needed. For each store, you'll need to create a separate Shopflick account.
How can I become a Featured Seller?
- We're looking for products and sellers withunique, independent, and interesting stories to share. Forward thinking designers, artists, musicians and more catch our attention.
What happens when one of my products is sold?
- After a shopper clicks on the "Buy Now" button, they will provide shipping information and a transaction invoice will be generated. That invoice will always be available through your My Shopflick page.
- Shoppers will then receive an email requesting that they make payment to the Seller's PayPal account. Once you've received payment, you should check the "Payment Received" box and ship the product.
What do I do if there is a dispute?
- The first thing you should do is contact the member of the community you are in dispute with. If you are unable to resolve the problem, then please complete our Dispute Resolution form
What does it mean when people favorite my Store or Listings?
- It means they like you. Social networking on Shopflick lets viewers favorite the products/sellers they like best, and share that information with the community.
Will I have control of my store page content / Can I link to my own web site?
- Yes, you will have full control of your page and will be able to add whatever details you'd like, including a website link and updated product information (i.e. color, size, etc.).
Can I upload my own videos?
- Yes, you will be able to add a profile video and product listing videos to your page, as you add products to your online Store.
How will people find my store?
- We will be promoting your Store and Products via Shopflick TV shows, editorial features on our website (featured stores, etc.), search marketing and other press.
How do I create a Store? Click here to view Create Store Presentation
- Your Store is automatically created for you once you successfully sign up to be a Shopflick Seller. You can modify the details of your store: change the name, add a description, upload your Store video, create aisles, etc. by going to My Store within the My Account section of the site.
How do I create a Listing? Click here to view Create Listing Presentation
- Listings can be created using video (video-based listings) or images (image-based listings). In either case, the Create Listing process has (4) steps:
- Step 1: Listing Info
Title - The title of your Listing. Should be descriptive and fewer than 75 characters.
Tagline - A special line of descriptive words that will display on your Store Player video widget when users post it on websites like Facebook and MySpace.
Description - Provide buyers with additional insight into your product.
Can your Listing be rated by users? - "Yes" allows members to rate your Listing. "No" prevents them from rating your Listing.
Can your Listing be commented by users? - "Yes" lets members comment on your Listing. "No" prevents them from commenting on your Listing.
Main Category - Select the category that best fits your product. This is important for Shopflick search, relevant merchandising, and web-wide SEO.
Tags - Tags are labels that Sellers use to make it easier to find their products.
Options, Prices, and Quantity - Specify the quantity available as well as the corresponding price for your Listing. If your Listing has multiple options (i.e. sizes, colors), then use the "Option Description" field to specify the options as well as the associated quantity and price. Clicking "Add Another Option" will allow you to specify multiple options.
Shipping Profile - Lets Sellers tell buyers about any specific shipping requirements (location and price).
- Step 2: Video (or Image) Upload
Browse for the appropriate video or image file and then press upload.
- Step 3: Image Upload
Browse for up to 5 images and then press upload.
- Step 4: Review and Publish
Double check all the information you've entered and make sure it's good to go. Don't worry, you can always edit a listing later if you like.
What is the Listings section of My Store?
- The Listings area consists of three modules that allow you to create, view and
manage your listings.
- View My Listings
This is where you'll find any listings you've created on Shopflick. Search for listings, see how they are performing and view details. You can also edit, publish or unpublish your listings here.
- Set Featured Listings
This tool allows you to merchandize your Listings by selecting three products that you'd like to prominently display on your Store page.
What is the Sales page?
- It lets you view all of the details associated with your sold Listings. It also provides quick links that let you notify Shopflick regarding the status of the purchase process. Sellers can easily "mark payment received," "mark shipped" or even leave feedback for users they've bought from or sold to.
What is the Order Detail?
- This page contains all of the transaction information related to a specific order.
What is the Customize Your Store page?
- This is where you can get creative with your storefront. Use images and descriptions that showcase your unique sensibilities and draw shoppers in.
Why is the shipping cost missing in the PayPal invoice? Click here to view PayPal Shipping Settings Presentation
- If the shipping cost is missing, it is likely you have shipping profiles set in your PayPal profile. You will need to adjust your PayPal account settings. If the item has already sold or shipped, you can go to your PayPal account and click on "request money" to send a corrected invoice to the buyer.
- To adjust your PayPal profile:
Step 1: Sign in PayPal at www.paypal.com
Step 2: Go to My Account -> Profile -> Shipping calculations (under the Selling Preferences column)
Step 3: Select the Shipping Method and click Edit
Step 4: Select Yes for "Use the shipping fee in the transaction instead of my calculator's settings" and press Save Changes.
- Please note that if you have not set up any Shipping Calculations in PayPal, the default is to override shipping methods per transaction (you should not need to change anything). Also note that the above instructions are for www.paypal.com; other country-specific versions of PayPal may differ slightly.
How do Shopflick Seller Fees work?
- Shopflick charges an 18% commission on items SOLD. There are no fees assessed for store registration or listings and we are currently waiving store fees.
How am I billed for Shopflick Seller Fees?
- Upon sign up, each seller will provide a valid credit card on file. At the end of each month, we will email an invoice detailing all Seller Fees accrued for that month. Your invoice will also be available through your My Account Dashboard at any time. At the 15th day of the following month, Shopflick will charge your credit card the invoice amount.
How do I pay my bill?
- Your Shopflick Seller Fees will be automatically charged to the credit card you have on file.
Are there any fees for editing my Shopflick store or listings?
- There are no fees related to editing your Shopflick store or listings. Feel free to add/replace photos, edit the description, update your video and change inventory quantities anytime you'd like.
I received an email that my credit card is expired. What do I do?
- It's easy, update your credit card information via your My Account page.
What if I need to be credited for a transaction which did not take place or was cancelled?
What if I have other questions about billing, credits or payments?